Affiliate sign up field types:
In following article you can see more detailed explanation of the fields, which are available on the "Configuration" > "Affiliate Signup" > "Fields". There are several types of the fields, also couple of statuses, which can be set for each field. Here are the following options explained, below them you can see also couple of screenshots. Screenshots below are made from the default sign up theme "Dash for signup".
- Textbox: is the classic input field where you should put simple text's. There is only the limitation for 255 characters.
- Textarea: the same input like the textbox, except the fact, that here is no limitation for the number of characters in it, so basically is just much bigger textbox.
- Number: input field for numbers, there is check for the number characters, so you need to put the numbers there, otherwise system mark the field as red ant not allow to save the value in it.
- Checkbox: commonly used checkbox like in any online forms. There will be the checkbox showed and you can choose to check it or to not check it. Example like "Yes" or "No".
- Checkboxes: the same input like the checkbox, but here is possible to define more like one checkbox via button "Edit available values". In the little window which is displayed after you click this button, you can specify the values, which will be showed/available to choose on the signup. The values are newline separated (separated by hitting the "Enter"). You can choose to check multiple checkboxes in this case, but also you can choose only one, it is up to you.
- Listbox: this input is basically the same like the checkbox, slightly different design, but you can choose only ONE option.
- Radiobuttons: again different design of the options to choose, also you can choose only ONE option.
- Email: If you want to force your future affiliates to specify the email address, you can choose this option, there is also check, if in the submitted input is "@'.
- List of countries: this is the list with the countries which you can choose, you can choose only one option and the merchant is able to edit the predefined options in the list.
- Mandatory: this status means that the input must be inserted in the signup and must be filled also in case you are editing the affiliate profile (can't be blank, otherwise you will be unable to save the information).
- Optional: in case you will set some field to "optional", the user is not forced to fill such field on the signup, neither in the profile, so such field can be left empty.
- Optional not in signup: field with this status will not be visible on the sign up page, however the affiliate will be able to fill/change it later in the editing of their profile, still can be left blank.
- Read only: such field is editable only by your merchant, it is informative, you will be able to see such field in the editing the profile, but you will be not able to edit it, the value in it will be grey.
- Writable only in signup: field with this status is possible to fill by the affiliate only once on the signup. The merchant is able to edit this field in the editing the profile without problem also later, but the affiliate itself is not.
- Hidden: the affiliate can not see this field on the signup, neither in the editing profile. However the merchant is able to see it in the editing of the affiliate profile and is also able to change the value of it.
- Disabled: such field will be simply disabled :)
On the following screenshots you can see some examples, first screenshot is from settings in merchant area:
On second screenshot you can see, how it actually looks on the sign up page showed for a customers/affiliates:
- Referral ID = ID of your choice which is used in your affiliate links. It can be up to 20 characters long e.g. johnybro
- Parent affiliate = Parent affiliate is the Referral ID of affiliate who told you about this program, it should be set as "Optional" by default, since the affiliate is not always able to know, who referred them to affiliate programm