Google reCAPTCHA is a security service provided by Google that helps protect websites from automated bots and spam by requiring users to prove they are human before submitting forms or accessing certain features. It is designed to differentiate between genuine users and malicious bots by presenting challenges that are easy for humans to solve but difficult for bots.
There are different versions of reCAPTCHA, including reCAPTCHA v2 and reCAPTCHA v3. In reCAPTCHA v2, users are asked to click on a checkbox or select specific images to confirm they are not a robot. In reCAPTCHA v3, the system evaluates user interactions with the website to assign a risk score, helping website owners determine whether the user is human or a bot without requiring user interaction.
By implementing Google reCAPTCHA, website owners can reduce spam and abuse, ensuring a better user experience and increased security for their online services.
To add Google reCAPTCHA v2 or v3 to your custom HTML signup page, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit the reCAPTCHA website (https://www.google.com/recaptcha) and sign up for an API key pair for your website. Select either reCAPTCHA v2 or v3, based on your preference.
2. Add the following code to the `<head>` section of your HTML page:
<script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js" async defer></script>
3. In the `<form>` element of your HTML form, add the following code:
<div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="your_site_key"></div>
Replace `"your_site_key"` with the site key provided by Google when you signed up for the reCAPTCHA API key pair.
4. If you want to change the appearance of reCAPTCHA v2, you can use the `data-theme` attribute to set a standard theme:
<div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="your_site_key" data-theme="light"></div>
Replace `"light"` with one of the following theme names: `"light"` (default theme) or `"dark"`.
5. To specify the language of the reCAPTCHA widget, add the following code to the `<head>` section of your HTML page:
<script> var recaptchaLanguage = 'en'; // Replace 'en' with your preferred language code </script> <script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?hl=" + recaptchaLanguage async defer></script>
Replace `'en'` with your preferred language code. The full list of supported language codes can be found in the reCAPTCHA documentation.
By following these steps, you have successfully added Google reCAPTCHA v2 or v3 to your custom HTML signup page. This will help protect your form from spam and abuse while still providing a user-friendly experience.
For more details visit: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/old/docs/customization